Tuesday 3 December 2013

Get an intimate peek in the lives and careers of your favourite Nigeiran actor: CHIWETALU AGU

Get an intimate peek in the lives and careers of your favourite Nigeiran actor: CHIWETALU AGU

CHIWETALU AGU

My name is Chiwetalu Agu, I hail from Amokwe in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State. I was born 5th March, 1956 in Enugu, Enugu State. Basically, I have spent about 31 years in this profession with my tutelage in NTA and the then Anambra Television, ATV Channel 50 of old Anambra State. I schooled at St Lukes’Primary School, Ogui Nike, College of Immaculate Conception, CIC, both in Enugu, Wisent College, West Germany.

I joined this profession in 1981 when I came back to Nigeria. I had my own theatre group known as the ‘Inspirers’ back then and I acted in many NTA progammes, like ‘Ikoro’, produced by Joe Onyekwere.

In 2002, I was honoured with the best actor award in Nollywood, also the most popular actor in 2009 and in 2012, I was given the Nollywood award for best actor in indigenous movie (non-English speaking language).

No comments:

Post a Comment