Thursday 28 November 2013

ODEMWINGIE EYES WORLD CUP: KEEN ON COMING BACK


The 32-year-old was disappointed after he was not considered for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations by Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi.
He explained that they have since made peace and he is ready to add to his 55 international caps now.
"First of all it (omission) affected the older players so the situation wasn't so friendly, but he has made it clear that any player who is active and eligible had a chance for Nigeria for the World Cup finals so we will see," Odemwingie told Wales Online.
"I was in Nigeria's squad for the World Cup finals in South Africa and I would love the chance to go again.
"Why not? Certainly, I believe there is a chance. If it comes I would be delighted. I haven't been selected recently because the new coach wanted changes in the team."
He added: "Playing for my country in Brazil would mean so much. I was in South Africa with Nigeria during 2010 and it was a great event.
"Brazil is maybe even more popular football-wise so it would be great to be part of that if it 

No comments:

Post a Comment